This is the date the Gold Coast has been waiting for – when the Harris Farm Markets family opens their flavorful doors to their first Gold Coast store. And that date is THIS THURSDAY 18e November. This is when the famous local fruit, vegetable and grocery market will officially welcome shoppers to their store in Via Roma on the island of Capri. And there is a Cheese Lane !!
Harris Farm Markets co-CEO Tristan Harris, one of Harris’ three sons who now run the business after their parents, David and Cathy Harris retire, said he was delighted to finally open on the Gold Coast. “The Gold Coast holds a special place in our hearts given that we spent so much time there with family on vacation and can now open on the Isle of Capri, in the heart of a city that values their fresh fruit and vegetables. . and the food stories so highly, is really exciting. We are delighted to share that we have employed over 70 local staff. Covering more than 1,500 m², the Isle of Capri store will house the best food quality, with more than 500 ranges of fruit and vegetables, as well as a delicatessen section of charming local products, a delicatessen, more of 400 cheeses, a full premium butcher with nine on-site butchers, a fish market and a breathtaking bakery thanks to the arrival of Bread Social!
Here’s a look at what buyers can expect:
- FRUIT & VEGETABLES – over 500 ranges of fruits and vegetables, including organic products. Some favorite local fruits and vegetables are Little Acre, our gourmet mushroom supplier from Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Caboolture straws, Avos Toowoomba (in season now!) As well as Crunchy Lettuce and Celery from Redland.
- PERFECT CHOICES – this is Harris Farm’s seasonal line of fruits and vegetables that might not look perfect on the outside, but are as perfect and full of flavor as ever on the inside . The Imperfect Picks program helps reduce the fact that * 25% of Australian crops currently never leave the farm because they are a little, well, unappealing and do not meet the visual specifications of some supermarkets and consumers!
- RE-PURPOSEFUL PICKS – a delicious new line of products that give fruits, vegetables and groceries a second chance at life! Australians throw away 7.3 million tonnes of food every year. Food waste is responsible for around 6% of total global greenhouse gas emissions (Foodbank AU. This range helps to combat these statistics.
- CHEESE BOARDWALK – over 400 cheeses including a range of vegan and local stars Barambah, Woombye, Olympus and Casa Motta, among others.
- BREAD SOCIAL – in an exciting news for bread lovers, the famous Bread Social of Tweed Heads and Byron Bay and the creators of sourdough and pastries made with local and organic ingredients, will have a counter at Harris Farm Markets. And dramatically, the bread will be baked daily at the mezzanine level and will fall like a cascade of bread downstairs!
- MILK ON TAP – Queensland’s award-winning Maleny Dairy, Barambah Organics milk from the QLD / NSW border region and Mandole Orchard on Tap’s almond milk!
- TAP HONEY – Famous and family-owned BioSota Manuka Honey from the Gold Coast will literally be liquid gold in the store, with four taps allowing customers to make their own!
- NUT BUTTERS – Self-service almond, peanut and cashew butter. Customers can choose the nuts and make the nut butter in store, with nothing else added!
- PLANT-BASED RANGE – over 150 herbal products including Bite Me Fine Foods, Golden Falafel, Suzy Spoon, The Green Lion, Veglicious Kitchen and Wildly Good.
- NUTS & HEALTH FOOD – a range of nearly 50 nuts and seeds, and over 16 healthy foods, including organic pioneers Naked Byron Foods and Farmer Jo, both from Mullumbimby!
- LOOSE COFFEE & TEA – a range of loose coffee beans from the premises of Lund Coffee Roaster as well as 20 loose teas.
- PROPER MEAT BUTCHER – home to 9 in-house butchers who believe in getting it right by offering cut-to-order meats (encouraging nose-to-tail consumption) from locally sourced cattle, including Spring Grove Fresh Food Company based at Casino and Hobbs Organic Chicken Farm in Pittsworth.
- FISH IN THE FAMILY – A traditional Australian fishmonger with a passion for quality and sustainable seafood, owned and operated by the Papacosta family since 1976. Some of the local favorites coming into season are the wild barramundi of Far North Cairns, the coral trout from the Great Barrier as well as fresh tiger prawns from the Goldie, just in time for summer.
- LOCAL STARS – some of South East Queensland’s leading food names in Roza Sauces, Frozen Sunshine Ice Packs, Sweet Nectar Desserts, Edible Berries and Flowers, among others.
Tristan said the store will also pay homage to the Gold Coast lifestyle through its design and art facilities, which include more than 200 child-painted buoys from Surfers Paradise State School, a refurbished hanging boat and works of art by contemporary Gold Coast artist Kiel Tillman!
“It will be a celebration full of the flavors of Queensland and Australian fruits, vegetables and groceries under one roof. Queensland is renowned for the richness and range of fruits and vegetables grown throughout the state, and being able to work with so many wonderful growers is one of our dreams.
In November 2020, Harris Farm Markets opened its first store in Queensland, after 30 years out of the state. This store at Clayfield Markets was the original site owned by Harris Farm 30 years ago before selling it to Carlo and Susan Lorenti who ran a fruit and vegetable market, and in a full story, Harris Farm bought it out. and Carlo and Susan stayed on as managers. The flagship store opened in West Village in the West End in July this year and when the Isle of Capri store opens in November, more than 300 residents will be employed in the three stores in Queensland, and more food. from 320 Queensland producers will be presented.
ABOUT HARRIS FARM MARKETS
Harris Farm Markets is a family business. For 40 years, Harris Farm Markets has provided good for Australian families with the core value and belief that Australian families should have the freshest and best produce available to them. That’s why Harris Farm Markets has more than 3,000 employees in 23 stores who work to deliver good to the hundreds of thousands of retail, wholesale and online customers who walk through its doors every week.
/ Public distribution. This material from the original organization / authors may be ad hoc in nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the authors.