Farm house

Cheshire farm destroyed by massive fire goes up for sale

A farm in Cheshire that was destroyed by a massive fire has been put up for sale.

The two-story building off Boundary Lane in Threapwood, Malpas, was put on the market months after the fire started in the early hours of October 28 last year.

No one was seriously injured in the fire, but the damage caused the roof and the first floor to collapse.

Real estate and asset consulting firm David Currie & Co is handling the sale of the property, which also includes approximately six acres of land, extensive gardens, water features and additional outbuildings.

David Currie said: “This is a great opportunity to acquire a small property and build your own home in a picturesque village in Cheshire. “

The five bedroom house and surrounding site is touted as a ‘development opportunity’ and is available as a single lot or in plots.

The fire that destroyed the farm started just before 4:30 a.m. on October 28 last year, with six fire trucks called to the scene due to the severity of the blaze.

Boundary House in Threapwood, Malpas, was put up for sale after being destroyed by fire

A statement issued by the Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service at the time said: “Upon arrival, smoke detectors sounded and firefighters found the two-story house measuring about 15 meters by 10 meters well illuminated.

“No one has been reported missing. Cords have been fitted and water supplies have been established. Two firefighters wearing breathing masks began to fight the blaze with a main stream.

“Two more main jets and two hose reel jets were then used to fight the fire. The firefighting activity has been divided into sectors.

“The roof had burned down causing it to collapse on the first floor. The first floor then collapsed on the ground floor. A fire break was put in place to protect the annex. of the House.

“One occupant was treated by paramedics for what would have been slight smoke inhalation.

“Shortly after 8 a.m., about three and a half hours after firefighters were alerted to the blaze, only one fire engine was left behind.”

Firefighters left the scene around 4 p.m. that day, nearly 12 hours after the start of the blaze.

Here are the latest stories from the CheshireLive newsletter

Want to sign up to receive these stories straight to your inbox? It’s free and means you’ll never miss the most important Cheshire news of the day

You can register here

You are not registered but want to try it?

You can read a preview of today’s newsletter here