The grocery store has reached a whole new level, with Harris Farm Markets now open in Capri on Via Roma.
With the freshest fruits and vegetables from local farmers, over 500 cheeses, a premium butcher, fishmonger, and even a cascade of bread, it’s a one-stop-shop for all your produce and pantry needs.
“The thing about Harris Farm is we make shopping extremely enjoyable. It is not a task. We always say it’s more of a market than a supermarket, ”store manager Matthew Shipley told myGC.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Take a look inside the store in the video below:
As for what buyers can expect, here’s a little taste:
- FRUITS AND VEGETABLES – more than 500 ranges of fruits and vegetables including organic. Some favorite local fruits and vegetables are Gourmet Mushrooms from Little Acre in Brisbane, Strawberries from the Sunshine Coast & Caboolture, Avocados from Toowoomba, and Crunchy Lettuce and Celery from Redland.
- CHEESE WALK – over 500 cheeses, including a range of vegan and local stars Barambah, Woombye, Olympus and Casa Motta among others.
- SOCIAL BREAD – Tweed Heads and Byron Bay’s famous Bread Social will bake fresh breads and pastries from the mezzanine above, before cascading their produce to customers via a conveyor belt.
- MILK ON TAP – Queensland’s award-winning Maleny Dairy, Barambah Organics milk from the QLD / NSW border region and Mandole Orchard on Tap’s almond milk.
- HONEY TAP – Gold Coast family-famous BioSota Manuka honey will literally be liquid gold in the store, with four taps allowing customers to make their own!
- NUT BUTTERS – Self-service Almond, Peanut and Cashew Butter. Customers can choose the nuts and make the nut butter in store, with nothing else added.
- PLANT RANGE – over 150 herbal products including Bite Me Fine Foods, Golden Falafel, Suzy Spoon, The Green Lion, Veglicious Kitchen and Wildly Good.
- NUTS AND HEALTH FOODS – a range of nearly 50 nuts and seeds, and more than 16 healthy foods including organic pioneers Naked Byron Foods and Farmer Jo, both from Mullumbimby.
- BULK COFFEE AND TEA – a range of loose coffee beans from the premises of Lund Coffee Roaster as well as 20 loose teas.
- GOOD MEAT BUTCHER – is home to 9 in-house butchers who believe in getting it right by offering cut-to-order meats (encouraging nose-to-tail consumption) from locally sourced cattle, including Spring Grove Fresh Food Company based in Casino and Hobbs Organic Chicken Farm in Pittsworth.
- FAMILY FISH – A traditional Australian fishmonger with a passion for quality and sustainable seafood, owned and operated by the Papacosta family since 1976. Some of the local favorites coming into season are the wild barramundi of Far North Cairns, the Great Reef Coral Trout coral as well as the Goldie’s fresh tiger prawns, just in time for summer.
- LOCAL STARS – some of South East Queensland’s leading food names in Roza Sauces, Frozen Sunshine Ice Packs, Sweet Nectar Desserts, Edible Berries and Flowers, among others.
Mr Shipley told myGC that the family business also owns and operates a great initiative called ‘Imperfect Picks’.
“These are bigger or smaller fruits that farmers would normally process in the ground, but they sell them to us and we pass them on to the customer for up to 50% cheaper.”
Harris Farm Markets is open 7 days a week from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. in Capri on Via Roma. To find out more, visit: harrisfarm.com.au/